Whilst you've been adding new features to your own Rails app, things have moved on. Every new release of Rails (as well as Ruby and the gems on which your app depends) increases the likelihood of your app being susceptible to bugs, incompatibilities and security issues.
Why upgrade my Rails App?
Upgrading your app to the latest stable release of Rails (and Ruby) means you can take advantage of new features, modern best practice, and gain speed and efficiency. You're app will be protected by the latest improvements and fixes that the Rails and Ruby teams have delivered.
Our Rails Upgrade Service helps you do just that. We'll bring your app right up to date and migrate your code to the very latest Ruby and Rails stable releases. Once you've had a chance to review your upgraded app, we'll help you to deploy it and ensure that everything continues to run smoothly. Here's how it works.
- Start by requesting a Rails Upgrade using our brief application form. This lets us gather some basic information about your Rails application, and gives you the opportunity to ask us any questions.
- We'll schedule a good time to talk via phone/video so we can discuss your Rails app in detail. Once you're happy to proceed. we'll require access to your app's code on Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, etc.
- We'll carry out a review of your app's current code and prepare an upgrade plan. We'll audit any gems or services your app depends on to ensure compatibility. The plan will include an estimated timeframe to upgrade your application.
- We'll upgrade your app on a separate code branch, and set up a private staging server so you can try things out. Once you're happy, we'll merge the new code into your app, and work with you to deploy the upgraded app to your production server(s).
How long will it take?
This depends on the complexity and current state of your application. We'll advise you of our expected timescales as part of the code review. We expect to complete most upgrades within 1-2 weeks after review.
How much does Rails App Upgrade cost?
The price of a Rails App Upgrade starts at £1250* for applications running on Rails 4.0 or above, or £2000* for applications running on Rails 3.0 or above. For earlier versions of Rails, please contact us.
Like all of our work, the Rails Upgrade service is covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not entirely happy with our service, and after letting us know we are unable to put things right to your complete satisfaction, we will refund your fee in full.
To get started, simply complete our brief application form, and we'll get in touch to schedule a call.
PS. Not ready to upgrade your Rails app just yet? Check out our Keep Your Ruby on Rails App Healthy course. You'll learn how to optimise and improve your Rails web apps and keep things running smoothly on your own.
* Prices exclude VAT at 20% for all UK and EU customers and all billing is in GBP.