Delivered as a micro–consultation, CodeShot is designed to support businesses and developers with technical or software issues. We'll advise on a single issue you’re having, help you to track down (and fix) a bug, help with integrating a 3rd party API (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, or Shopify), or provide a quick proof–of–concept piece of code.
“The approach and service was absolutely spot on…can't thank you enough for the quick turnaround. It's really helped us.”
Here's how the CodeShot service works:
- We'll have a 15~30 minute phone/video chat to discuss the issue you're experiencing, or idea you want to explore.
- You grant us access to your code repository on Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab, or similar.
- We'll take a look at your code, and work on a branch of your app to fix the issue. We'll agree a date with you in advance so that you can be available (e.g. to answer questions about your project, or if we need any content, API keys, etc.)
- Once we're done, we'll submit a pull request for you or your developers to review, and accept once you're happy. We'll chat through the changes with you, and show a working demo.
- If we build a proof-of-concept (rather than working directly on your code), we'll setup a new repository, and transfer ownership to you on completion.
Don't worry if you're not a developer; we'll help you through each step of the process, and answer any questions you may have.
CodeShots are great for you if:
- You're a business owner or developer working with Ruby on Rails apps who
- needs advice or guidance with the design of your app (e.g. best practices); or
- is in the early stages of building your app, and need advice on what approach to take; or
- has a issue or bug in your app that you need fixing quickly; or
- needs proof–of–concept code for an idea or API integration.
- Your code is hosted on Github or similar (if it's not, we can help. Get in touch).
- Your code is deployed to Heroku or similar, or has an automated deployment pipeline (we can help to set this up…contact us)
CodeShots aren't a good fit if:
- You need new features adding to your app (although we can advise on the best approach to take, and build a proof–of–concept “spike” app as part of a CodeShot).
- You don't have ownership of your code / permission to modify and enhance it.
- You need 24/7 on-call support for your application.
How long will it take?
Once we've started, after our initial consultation, we'll aim to deliver a CodeShot within 1~2 business days (usually same'day).
We'll agree a date with you in advance so that you can be available to answer any questions your project, or if we need any content, API keys, etc.)
How much is a CodeShot?
The price of a CodeShot is £349*, valid for a single CodeShot consultation. You can pay via bank transfer (UK only), Direct Debit (UK only), or debit/credit card.
* Prices exclude VAT at 20% for all UK and EU customers. Unless otherwise stated, all billing is in GBP.
Where are you located?
Do you track hours? Will I get a time-sheet?
No. We sell our services on a fixed-price basis. We will always give you an upfront price so you know exactly what you will be paying for specific work.
We will not take on your work if we don't think we can provide you with a substantial return on your investment.
Find out more about how and why we work this way at valuepricing.uk.
Ready to get started?
Every CodeShot starts with a free 15 minute phone/video consultation. Book yours now to get started, or contact us if you have any questions.
CodeShots are covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not entirely happy with the service we provide, and after letting us know we are unable to put things right to your complete satisfaction, then we will refund your fee in full.